Subject: bug#3282 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.93; (display-supports-face-attributes-p (list :underline t)) returns nil on tty)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 21:45:07 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#3282: 23.0.93; (display-supports-face-attributes-p (list :underline t)) returns nil on tty

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
3282: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3282
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.93; (display-supports-face-attributes-p (list :underline t)) returns nil on tty
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Yoshiaki Kasahara <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 17:38:10 -0400

> Actually (display-supports-face-attributes-p (list :weight "bold"))
> also returns nil on tty, so something is totally broken for tty.

Thanks very much for noticing this.  I've checked in a fix.

Subject: 23.0.93; (display-supports-face-attributes-p (list :underline t)) returns nil on tty
From: Yoshiaki Kasahara <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:00:51 +0900 (JST)

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

After I updated Emacs from 23.0.91 to 23.0.93, 'underline' face became
bold on tty, instead of underlined.  Still I can make 'underline' face
underlined by customize-face manually after Emacs started.

After some investigation, I noticed that
(display-supports-face-attributes-p (list :underline t)) returns nil
on tty now. Previously it returned t in emacs-23.0.91 on tty. There is
no such problem on X frames.

Actually (display-supports-face-attributes-p (list :weight "bold"))
also returns nil on tty, so something is totally broken for tty.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.0.93/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.93.1 (x86_64-unknown-freebsd7.1, GTK+ Version 2.14.7)
 of 2009-05-07 on elvenbow.cc.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10600000
configured using `configure  '--without-xim''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.eucJP
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=uim
  locale-coding-system: japanese-iso-8bit-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t