Subject: [bug#32818] [PATCH] gnu: Add petsc-mumps-openmpi.

From: Eric Bavier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 22:54:44 -0500

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:40:52 +0100
Paul Garlick <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
> 
> > I don't see why we'd add this as a new package, rather than simply
> > adjust the capabilities/inputs of the "petsc-openmpi" package.  
> 
> Yes, that was my Plan A.  However, I spotted that the package dealii-
> openmpi has petsc-openmpi as an input but also mumps-metis-openmpi,
> instead of mumps-openmpi.  If the mumps configuration in petsc-mumps-
> openmpi is included in petsc-openmpi then dealii-openmpi may not build.
>  WDYT?

Good point.  I'm not sure how dealii would react to that.  It's also
possible that the state of affairs has changed in more recent versions
of dealii (also on my todo list).  I suppose we'd need to give it a try
to know.  If it does fail, I'd say a patch to dealii is called for,
since the presense of scotch ordering capability in MUMPS should not
prevent dealii from using the metis orderings in any way.

`~Eric