Subject: Re: [bug#32818] [PATCH] gnu: Add petsc-mumps-openmpi.

From: Paul Garlick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 17:09:17 +0100

Hi Ludo,

> On current master (e72702475da2379e10ca09e724e10a9bceceef1b), it
> fails

That's curious.  The build is succeeding for me (on today's
commit 5c8031f...).

The configure.log should help.  The last error reported is the one to
look for.  For me, the path to a previous failed-build log file was:

/tmp/guix-build-petsc-mumps-openmpi-3.9.3.drv-6/petsc-3.9.3/arch-
linux2-c-debug/lib/petsc/conf/configure.log

My build commands are:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix environment --pure petsc-mumps-openmpi --ad-hoc
guile-gcrypt guile-git 

$ GUILE_LOAD_PATH=$GUIX_ENVIRONMENT/share/guile/site/2.2 ./pre-inst-env 
guix build -K petsc-mumps-openmpi

Can you see in your configure.log a clue, such as 'undefined
reference', near to the end?  

Best regards,

Paul.