Subject: [bug#32811] [PATCH] enlightenment.scm: Fix initial locale and keyboard selection

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 09:36:55 +0200

Hi,

Timo Eisenmann <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> OK, I see.  However, ‘locale’ is already present in the build
>> environment even without adding glibc explicitly. Thus I wonder what’s
>> happening.
>
> So implicit inputs provide their binaries only during build-time?

Yes, inputs in general denote build-time dependencies.  Run-time
dependencies are automatically determined by scanning the build result
in search of /gnu/store references.

>> Do you happen to know what part of the Enlightenment code refers to the
>> ‘locale’ command?
>
> Enlightenment uses
>   output = popen("locale -a", "r");
> in these three files:
>   src/bin/e_intl.c (_e_intl_locale_system_locales_get)
>   src/modules/conf_intl/e_int_config_intl.c (_fill_data)
>   src/modules/wizard/page_010.c (wizard_page_init)
>
> 'page_010' is the language selection screen during first time config.

In that case a proper solution would be to replace ‘locale’ with
‘/gnu/store/…/bin/locale’ in the files above, using the ‘substitute*’
macro.  Would you like to give it a try?  There are many examples of
similar uses of ‘substitute*’ in the package definitions.

HTH!

Ludo’.