Subject: [bug#32811] [PATCH] enlightenment.scm: Fix initial locale and keyboard selection

From: Timo Eisenmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 12:51:18 +0200

Hello Ludo,

 >>> Could you explain the effect of adding glibc as an input?  Normally 
this
 >>> is unnecessary because glibc is an implicit input.
 >>
 >> glibc provides locale, which enlightenment uses to list 
languages.Without explicitly installing it, no languages are shown.
 >
 > OK, I see.  However, ‘locale’ is already present in the build
 > environment even without adding glibc explicitly. Thus I wonder what’s
 > happening.

So implicit inputs provide their binaries only during build-time?
Enlightenment actually uses the output of 'locale -a' during runtime.

 > Do you happen to know what part of the Enlightenment code refers to the
 > ‘locale’ command?

Enlightenment uses
   output = popen("locale -a", "r");
in these three files:
   src/bin/e_intl.c (_e_intl_locale_system_locales_get)
   src/modules/conf_intl/e_int_config_intl.c (_fill_data)
   src/modules/wizard/page_010.c (wizard_page_init)

'page_010' is the language selection screen during first time config.

Regards,
Timo Eisenmann