Subject: Re: bug#328: How to print background colors in Mac OS X

From: Scott Heftler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:33:10 -0500

I'm using Carbon Emacs 22.2.1 on MacBook Pro "25 running OS X 10.5.2. 
My printer is a HP Deskjet F4180.

I cannot print background colors.  The foreground color of the text
prints fine.  But the background color of the text never prints.

Here's how to reproduce:

1. Apply a face that inludes a background color, such as `isearch', to
   some text.  Select some text, do `M-o O isearch <RET>'.  Now that
   text has a background.

2. Then set `ps-use-face-background to t' by doing `M-: (setq
   ps-use-face-background t) <RET>'.

3. Now you're ready to print, via `ps-print-buffer-with-faces'.

You get the foreground text properly printed.  The background is all
white.

Any advice?

-- 
Scott Heftler
 [email-masked]
 Man muß mit den Wölfen heulen.