Subject: Re: bug#32790: 27.0.50; point jumps unexpectedly after delete-window

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 21:49:53 +0300

> I probably still have no good understanding what precisely your
> problem is with selecting the most recently selected window.  Can you
> please elaborate once more?

The problem is that the cursor jumps to the distant part of the frame
too far from the current focus.  It takes additional efforts to bring
it back where the input focus was.  It's more about visual perception.

> C-x 3 C-x o C-x o C-x 2 C-x 0
>
> What's the purpose of the 'other-buffer' calls if they don't express
> the user's wish to "work" in these windows?

Just to play around in these windows, not to work or use them :-)

>> Does this mean that a simple rule would be just to use the left sibling,
>> otherwise the right sibling?
>
> With "use" you mean choose for giving back the space of the deleted
> window?  Then we should remember from which window Emacs obtained the
> space when creating a new window and return that space when deleting
> the new window, provided that old window still exists.

It seems the logic of deciding to which sibling to give the space back
is fine now.  The need is to select the same window that got the space
after C-x 0.