Subject: bug#32790: 27.0.50; point jumps unexpectedly after delete-window

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 09:34:15 +0100

>> These ones stupefied me when I tried to study your patch yesterday.
 >> When 'switch-to-buffer-obey-display-actions' is non-nil you do not
 >> reset 'force-same-window' so you can get an error when this is t and
 >> you're either in the minibuffer or the window is strongly dedicated.
 >> Right?
 >
 > I don't understand how 'force-same-window' can be non-nil if there is
 > a condition "unless switch-to-buffer-obey-display-actions" in the
 > interactive spec.  But if some code calls 'switch-to-buffer'
 > non-interactively with non-nil 'force-same-window', should it
 > signal an error when 'pop-to-buffer-same-window' displays the buffer
 > in another window?

The non-interactive case is the one I had in mind.  I think we mean to
say that FORCE-SAME-WINDOW has no impact in that case and
'switch-to-buffer' should not signal an error when the window is
dedicated or the minibuffer window but try to automatically display
the buffer in a window of its choice instead.

martin