Subject: bug#32790: 27.0.50; point jumps unexpectedly after delete-window

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 08:40:35 +0100

>>> +          ((and (window-minibuffer-p other-window)
 >>> +                (not (minibuffer-window-active-p other-window)))
 >>> +           (user-error "Minibuffer is inactive"))
 >>
 >> Should we try to delete the active minibuffer window?
 >
 > Interesting question.  Do you think it's worth the trouble
 > to implement special handling of the minibuffer:
 >
 > 1. when a window in the below direction is requested to be deleted
 >     from the bottom window, and the minibuffer is active,
 >     then call (abort-recursive-edit)

This looks counter-intuitive unless we are also able to delete the
minibuffer window.

 > 2. when the selected bottom window is requested to be deleted
 >     and selection is requested to be moved in the below direction,
 >     then the minibuffer's window should be selected.

If it's active, presumably.  I'm not sure, but I wouldn't do that in a
first version.  BTW, if you delete the window on the right frame
border and want selection to move to the right, does it wrap around to
the window on the left?

martin