Subject: Re: bug#32790: 27.0.50; point jumps unexpectedly after delete-window

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 08:40:06 +0100

>> Then 'switch-to-buffer' will show the buffer in the selected window
 >> and 'pop-to-buffer-same-window' will find it there.  Or what am I
 >> missing?
 >
 > If a new option is non-nil, switch-to-buffer could call
 > pop-to-buffer-same-window, and if the selected window
 > remains the same, then continue doing what it normally does:
 > set-window-buffer, set-window-start, set-window-point, etc.

Then instead of what you said earlier ...

   Maybe just call 'pop-to-buffer-same-window' at the end of 'switch-to-buffer'
   when a new option 'switch-to-buffer-pop' is non-nil?

... 'switch-to-buffer' would call 'pop-to-buffer-same-window' at the
beginning when 'switch-to-buffer-pop' is non-nil.  Right?  This means,
however, that it would skip the 'switch-to-buffer-in-dedicated-window'
rigmarole.  It wouldn't make sense because 'pop-to-buffer-same-window'
would probably use a completely different window anyway.  Right?

martin