Subject: Re: bug#32789: Bash finds old version of guix after guix pull

From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:01:42 -0500

On Fri 21 Sep 2018 at 09:58, Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
>> After installing guixsd (0.15) on a VM and doing "guix pull", "guix --version"
>> gives 0.14-<stuff>.
>>
>> I asked about this on IRC a few weeks ago and got a helpful answer. All
>> I needed to do to fix is was to run a simple bash command.
>> Unfortunately, I've forgotten what that was :-(
>
> I think you mean “hash -r” to make bash forget previously remembered
> locations.

Indeed, that was it. Thanks for helping out here and on IRC!

I'll mention here for posterity that restarting the system also "fixes"
the issue.

I still don't understand why bash found guix 0.14 after guix pulling
from guix 0.15 though.

Thanks again,
Alex