Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add gandi.cli.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:27:05 +0200

Leo, Ludo',

I pushed this patch as-is earlier today...

Ludo' wrote:
> Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>> +    (name "gandi.cli")
>>
>> I prefer 'gandi-cli', but it's your call. The manual section 
>> Package
>> Naming only specifies how to replace underscores.

...having read this...

> I also have a slight preference to a hyphen, FWIW.  :-)

...but not this.

My vote's to follow upstream as long as upstream's not too silly, 
and not further restrict package names without good reason. Or is 
anyone's objection more than aesthetic?

Note that there are already other — mostly Python — packages that 
keep the '.' in their name. I checked before adding this one :-)

  $ ./pre-inst-env guix package -A '[^0-9]\.|\.[^0-9]' # and skip 
  some Go stuff
  proj.4	4.9.3	out	gnu/packages/geo.scm:294:2
  python{,2}-oslo.config	5.2.0	out 
  gnu/packages/openstack.scm:381:2
  python{,2}-oslo.context	2.20.0	out 
  gnu/packages/openstack.scm:423:2
  python{,2}-oslo.i18n	3.20.0	out 
  gnu/packages/openstack.scm:453:2
  python{,2}-oslo.log	3.36.0	out 
  gnu/packages/openstack.scm:486:2
  python{,2}-oslo.serialization	2.24.0	out 
  gnu/packages/openstack.scm:527:2
  python{,2}-oslo.utils	3.36.2	out 
  gnu/packages/openstack.scm:681:2
  python{,2}-rst.linker	1.10	out 
  gnu/packages/python.scm:2662:2
  python{,2}-ruamel.yaml	0.15.37	out 
  gnu/packages/serialization.scm:367:2
  python2-elib.intl	0.0.3	out 
  gnu/packages/python.scm:4052:2
  python2-ruamel.ordereddict	0.4.9	out 
  gnu/packages/python.scm:10965:2
  ruby-http-parser.rb	0.6.0	out 
  gnu/packages/ruby.scm:5754:2

Meh,

T G-R