Subject: Re: bug#32770: Packaging SLIME/SWANK as Common Lisp library

From: Andy Patterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 01:54:35 -0400

Hi Pierre,

On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 15:30:03 +0200
Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > In “guile-sly”, for example, the configure script accepts
> > “--with-libfreeimage-prefix=” and “--with-libgslcblas-prefix=”,
> > which are then used to construct a full path to the libraries.  In
> > other cases where the build system does not provide a mechanism for
> > this we need to patch the sources such as in “guile-dbi”.  
> 
> But as far I know of, most Common Lisp packages don't provide a
> configure script.  So can this apply here?
> 

I was suggesting that lisp packages should adopt some configuration
mechanism, either through scripts or by something that asdf could take
care of.  It's something that I think we could discuss with the
upstream communities once we have a good grasp on our use case.

--
Andy