Subject: Re: bug#32748: 26.1; EDEBUG eval error

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 08:18:21 -0400

Live System User <[email-masked]> writes:

>         While using/learning edebug, I ran into the following
>         error when eval'ing:

If you eval `predicate' just after the expression for its value (where I
put the first "!" in the code below), it hasn't been bound yet, so you
get this error.  It should work fine it you're inside the let though
(e.g., at the second "!").  It should also work in subsequent `let*'
(though not `let') bindings, but in this case, there is no such stop
point.

    (defun parse-time-string (string)
      [...]
              (let* ((rule (pop rules))
                     (slots (pop rule))
                     (predicate (pop rule)!)
                     (parse-time-val))
                !(when (and (not (nth (car slots) time)) ;not already set
                  [...]