Subject: bug#32748: 26.1; EDEBUG eval error

From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 23:51:31 -0400

Hi,

        While using/learning edebug, I ran into the following
        error when eval'ing:

        Eval'ing the same way in Emacs 25.2 yielded the expected:

predicate’s value is shown below.

Documentation:
Not documented as a variable.

Value: (lambda nil
  (and
   (stringp parse-time-elt)
   (=
    (length parse-time-elt)
    8)
   (=
    (aref parse-time-elt 2)
    58)
   (=
    (aref parse-time-elt 5)
    58)))

    Thannks.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.10)
 of 2018-08-31 built on localhost.localdomain
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
Recent messages:
Accepting certificate for news.gmane.org:nntp this session only
auth-source-search: found 1 backends matching (:max 1 :host ("news.gmane.org" "news") :port ("119" "nntp" "nntp" "563" "nntps" "snews"))
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O0 -ggdb3 -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro --disable-dependency-tracking
 --prefix=/tmp/emacs-26.1 --with-dbus
 --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-lcms2 --with-tiff
 --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=yes
 --with-xwidgets --with-modules

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-desktop-notify-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug timezone network-stream nsm gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-demon
nntp gnus-desktop-notify notifications dbus xml epa-file nnreddit json
rx map gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 sieve sieve-mode sieve-manage starttls
sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain advice nnir gnus-sum
gnus-group mm-url gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source imap tls gnutls utf7 netrc parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus message rmc puny seq dired desktop frameset
edmacro kmacro dired-loaddefs subr-x format-spec rfc822 mml url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core eieio-loaddefs url-vars mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap mml-sec password-cache epa epg cl-extra help-mode
easymenu epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev sendmail derived gmm-utils mailheader wid-edit nnoo nnheader
gnus-util rmail dframe rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils cl misearch multi-isearch elec-pair cl-seq
easy-mmode cl-macs inline cl-loaddefs cl-lib gv pcase time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 713549 27856)
 (symbols 48 125281 0)
 (miscs 40 69 217)
 (strings 32 102951 1953)
 (string-bytes 1 3940653)
 (vectors 16 10628)
 (vector-slots 8 550092 13500)
 (floats 8 261 220)
 (intervals 56 303 56)
 (buffers 992 21)
 (heap 1024 74130 2223))