Subject: bug#32748: 26.1; EDEBUG eval error

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 21:15:00 -0400

tags 32748 notabug
close 32748
quit

Live System User <[email-masked]> writes:

>         Eval'ing the same way in Emacs 25.2 yielded the expected:
>
> predicate’s value is shown below.
>
> Documentation:
> Not documented as a variable.
>
> Value: (lambda nil
[...]

Your error backtrace suggests you used edebug-eval, but this output
suggests you used describe-variable.  The latter will not work in
emacs-26 because parse-time.el switched to lexical-binding, so that
predicate's symbol-value is no longer affected.

As mentioned in my other message, edebug-eval from within the let BODY
should work regardless, and I don't think there is a bug here, so I'm
closing this report.