Subject: 27.0.50; text-char-description examples fail

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 01:44:36 +0300

The second and third example in (info "(elisp) Describing Characters")
fail when evaluated:

          (text-char-description ?\M-m)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument characterp 134217837)
  text-char-description(134217837)
  eval((text-char-description 134217837) nil)
  elisp--eval-last-sexp(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  funcall-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-last-sexp)

          (text-char-description ?\C-\M-m)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument characterp 134217741)
  text-char-description(134217741)
  eval((text-char-description 134217741) nil)
  elisp--eval-last-sexp(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  funcall-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-last-sexp)

Not sure if there is a bug in the implementation of text-char-description,
or its documentation was not updated after some implementation changes.