Subject: bug#32736: 26; Bind `C-x 5 2' to `clone-frame' by default

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 09:32:42 -0700 (PDT)

Possible enhancement: Change default binding of `C-x 5 2' to
`clone-frame'.  Unlike `make-frame-command', `clone-frame' would use the
same frame-parameter values as the selected frame.  Here's a possible
definition of `clone-frame':

(defun clone-frame (&optional frame)
  "Make a new frame with the same parameters as FRAME.
FRAME defaults to the selected frame.  The frame is created on the
same terminal as FRAME.  If the terminal is a text-only terminal then
also select the new frame."
  (interactive)
  (let* ((default-frame-alist  (frame-parameters frame))
         (new-fr  (make-frame)))
    (unless (display-graphic-p) (select-frame new-fr))))

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-05-30
Repository revision: 07f8f9bc5a51f5aa94eb099f3e15fbe0c20ea1ea
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.16299
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''