Subject: bug#32730: 26.1.50; gnus should font-lock patches coming from git send-email

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:25:00 -0600

Most gdb patches are sent using git send-email.  This appear in gnus as
plain text.  However, it seems to me that it's relatively easy to
recognize patches sent from git, and that gnus could font-lock the body
of the patch.

Tom

In GNU Emacs 26.1.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-09-06 built on pokyo
Repository revision: 6c616e465cc83cf376d4df75f9c4afdbdf0ef6ca
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11906000
System Description:	Fedora release 28 (Twenty Eight)

Recent messages:
Quit
mwheel-scroll: End of buffer [3 times]
Mark set
C-h C-g is undefined
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
Mark saved where search started

Mark saved where search started [4 times]
scroll-down-command: Beginning of buffer
scroll-up-command: End of buffer [2 times]

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Tcl

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  ggtags-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-notify-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/26.1.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(ix grapnel m4-mode autoconf autoconf-mode view smerge-mode rect delsel
vc-annotate js rst dxr python tramp-sh thai-util thai-word descr-text
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe shadow emacsbug org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view image-mode
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-element avl-tree generator org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs compare-w markdown-mode noutline outline css-mode sgml-mode
eww time-stamp cl-print two-column iso-transl pulse find-file idutils
tabify man texinfo tcl goto-addr make-mode log-edit edebug eglot jsonrpc
flymake-proc flymake array ert debug autoload lisp-mnt cus-edit kmacro
tar-mode jka-compr mailalias gud bbdb-sc supercite regi mail-hist nnir
url-http url-auth url-gw sh-script smie executable pcase flow-fill
log-view pcvs-util gnus-html url-queue help-fns radix-tree url-cache
mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf whitespace cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds term/xterm xterm ffap conf-mode dabbrev dwarf-mode llvm-mode
copyright find-dired wgrep grep bbdb-gui bbdb-hooks bbdb-rmail rmailsum
sort gnus-cite smiley shr-color shr svg dom browse-url mm-archive
gnus-bcklg gnus-async qp gnus-ml disp-table misearch multi-isearch
vc-mtn vc-hg gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf
mail-extr bbdb-com gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr network-stream puny nsm rmc
starttls tls gnutls erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-pcomplete
erc-netsplit erc-spelling erc-truncate vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs add-log ggtags etags xref project compile bug-reference
vc-git diff-mode rust-mode elec-pair flyspell ispell diminish appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
parse-time which-func imenu autorevert filenotify desktop frameset
cus-start cus-load git-link url-util erc-track erc-notify
erc-desktop-notifications erc-match erc-services erc-networks
notifications dbus xml erc-hl-nicks easy-mmode color erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
thingatpt pp dired-aux dired-x dired dired-loaddefs warnings advice
vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher flycheck cl-extra json map find-func
help-mode rx subr-x dash cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
bbdb cl timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring server savehist
finder-inf bbdb-autoloads lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads
info-look info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2294705 361297)
 (symbols 48 135649 75)
 (miscs 40 46580 12999)
 (strings 32 510300 56101)
 (string-bytes 1 12350823)
 (vectors 16 162131)
 (vector-slots 8 3370531 183970)
 (floats 8 700 1685)
 (intervals 56 164383 14075)
 (buffers 992 367))