Subject: Re: bug#32722: [O] bug#32722: bug#32722: 26.1; Org-publish depend on non-free platform ?

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 23:41:23 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Additionally htmlfontify also requires several external tools
  > (according to the man page) which might not be available on all
  > platform Emacs and org-mode is used on:

  > - a copy of “find” which provides the “-path” predicate
  > - a copy of “sed”
  > - a copy of the “file” command

Using them is not a problem.  Those are part of the GNU system, and
you can install the packages thru your distro's package system (but I
expect they are preinstalled anyway).

It might be an inconvenience on non-GNU systems.  We give them low
priority, but if you feel like writing code in htmlfontify to do without
them, that is ok.

I would expect it is not very hard to fix htmlfontify to solve all its
practical drawbacks.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)