Subject: Re: [O] bug#32722: 26.1; Org-publish depend on non-free platform ?

From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:08:58 -0400

Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> writes:

> I removed htmlize URL from the error message. I also demoted the latter
> to a plain message. So, if htmlize is not installed, source blocks are
> not fontified.

I was going to suggest a less harsher and potentially more
helpful approach: in the short term, mirror the htmlize repo on
code.orgmode.org, the official Gogs instance where Org mode is
hosted and developed.  In the long term, work on replacing
htmlize with htmlfontify.

I set up a mirror: https://code.orgmode.org/aminb/emacs-htmlize

Assuming code.orgmode.org uses Gogs' default mirror settings, the
repo should be automatically synchronized with upstream roughly
every 8 hours or so.

This way, we'd still be able to point the users to a concrete
address to get htmlize from, without directly pointing them to a
proprietary platform.  Further, we're not claiminig copyright or
maintainership of the repo and we're merely mirroring it on a
freedom-respecting platform along with Org itself.

  -amin