Subject: Re: [O] bug#32722: bug#32722: 26.1; Org-publish depend on non-free platform ?

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 22:13:47 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

I asked 

  > > Is the WebDAV server code free software?  Can you talk to such a
  > > server without any nonfree client software?

Fortunately, Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>'s information
shows that using WebDAV is no problem.

  > There are 2 other ways to use Android MobileOrg not included in the
  > worg page:
  > 1. SSH
  > 2. Local filesystem

It sounds like modifying Android MobileOrg so it used only those
methods plus WebDAV, and not Dropbox, could result in a free program
that could be in f-droid.  It would be useful for someone to do that
and publish it under a different name.

Once that gets done, it would be good to make Emacs encourage people to
use _that version_ of Android MobileOrg.

Until then, Emacs (including Org-mode) should not say or do anything
that would be likely to lead users to use the existing MobileOrg.
We should remove that text soon, and put in new text about the new
version when that new version is available.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)