Subject: Re: bug#32722: 26.1; Org-publish depend on non-free platform ?

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 19:42:50 +0200

Hello,

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> There's also a similar reference to htmlize in the Org manual, which
> should, too, should probably be removed.

There are currently four occurrences of "github" in the manual:

   The [[https://github.com/MobileOrg/][iOS implementation]] for the
   /iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad/ series of devices, was started by Richard
   Moreland and is now in the hands of Sean Escriva. Android users
   should check out
   [[http://wiki.github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/][MobileOrg
   Android]] by Matt Jones.

   For HTML you need to install Hrvoje Niksic's =htmlize.el= from
   [[https://github.com/hniksic/emacs-htmlize][Hrvoje Niksic's
   repository]].

   Fontified code chunks in LaTeX can be achieved using either the
   listings package or the [[https://github.com/gpoore/minted][minted]]
   package. Refer to ~org-export-latex-listings~ for details.

If you do think that these URL need to be removed, what would you
suggest to use instead?

> And I'd like to backport these changes to the emacs-26 branch of the
> Emacs repository.  Would it be possible to apply the changes from
> Org's master branch, or do we need a slightly different set of
> changes?

I do not know about the exact process of merging Org within Emacs. You
can probably cherry-pick the changes from Org's master branch.

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738