Subject: Re: bug#32722: [O] bug#32722: 26.1; Org-publish depend on non-free platform ?

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:31:06 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

>> Is the WebDAV server code free software?
>
> At least some implementations are, e.g., Nextcloud, listed in the FSF
> directory.
>
>> Can you talk to such a server without any nonfree client software?
>
> I do it with Gnome file manager. There is also an official client for
> Nextcloud, which is free.

For the records, Emacs 27.0.50 / Tramp 2.4.1-pre got a nextcloud client
for GNU/Linux systems. Like the Gnome File Manager it uses the GVFS
library and tools.

> Regards,

Best regards, Michael.