Subject: Re: bug#32722: [O] bug#32722: bug#32722: 26.1; Org-publish depend on non-free platform ?

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:54:30 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > This way, we'd still be able to point the users to a concrete
  > > address to get htmlize from, without directly pointing them to a
  > > proprietary platform.  Further, we're not claiminig copyright or
  > > maintainership of the repo and we're merely mirroring it on a
  > > freedom-respecting platform along with Org itself.

  > I got approval from Hrvoje Nikšić that he was fine with your mirror[0].

  > So I believe it should be OK reference that mirror repo in ox-html?

No, it is not ok.
We still need to replace htmlize.

The deep problem with the reference to htmlize is that it
blurs the distinction between Emacs itself
and Lisp code that is not part of Emacs.
We need to highlight that distinction, not blur it.

Please leave the code to suggest loading htmlize deactivated.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)