Subject: error with gzip 1.3.12

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 12:09:05 +0000

Hi,

I work for BNP Paribas-Personal Finance (Paris - France) & report you following error :
I try to decompress .zip file having  size greater than 130Mb.
I use following options : gunzip -dS ".zip" filename.zip
I get following error invalid compressed data--length error

For files having smaller size, it works fine.

Can you please tell me this error is due to a bug or to used version 1.3.12 which does not support large files.

Cdt / Regards
Laurent GOURVENNEC
DSI international - Projet DWH LISA
(33) 1 46 39 13 07

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont 
établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont 
confidentiels. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le 
détruire et d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur. Toute utilisation 
de ce message non conforme a sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute 
publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation 
expresse. L'internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'intégrité de ce 
message, BNP PARIBAS PERSONAL FINANCE (et ses filiales) décline(nt) 
toute responsabilité au titre de ce message, dans l'hypothèse ou il 
aurait été modifié. N'imprimez ce message que si nécessaire, pensez à 
l'environnement. 

--------------------------------------------- 

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for 
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in 
error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not 
in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either 
whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can 
not guarantee the integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS PERSONAL 
FINANCE (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for 
the message if modified. Do not print this message unless it is 
necessary, consider the environment. 

---------------------------------------------