Subject: Re: bug#32720: term-mode ignores certain window size changes

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 13:57:51 +0100

> Yep, it seems to work with the patch applied.

Thanks for the feedback.  But after more carefully looking into the
'window-adjust-process-windows' code I am now almost convinced that
your original proposal is the way to go.  That is, I nowhere found in
that code anything that depends on the change of the window
configuration.  The only thing that code is interested in is tracing
window size changes which 'window-configuration-change-hook' does not
handle particularly well.

So if you already have run Emacs for some time with your

(add-hook
  'window-size-change-functions
  (lambda (_frame) (window--adjust-process-windows)))

and did not see any adversary effects I am inclined to install that
for Emacs 26.2.  For Emacs 27 I would then (after the release of Emacs
26.2) remove the

(add-hook 'window-configuration-change-hook 'window--adjust-process-windows)

call.

Eli would that be OK with you as well?  I'd still have to amend the
doc of 'window-configuration-change-hook' but the net change would be
considerably smaller than the one I proposed in the other thread.

martin