Subject: 26.1; Wheel-mouse down-scrolling leads to almost scroll a buffer out of its frame

From: Konrad Podczeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 12:45:44 +0200

To reproduce: Start Emacs (without any customization). Open any (larger) file. Scrolling down as long as possible by using the mouse wheel stops only when the last line of the buffer becomes the first visible line of its frame, so that the rest of the frame becomes empty. This is rather unaesthetic. Also, it is inconsistent with scrolling down by using the down-arrow key, which, as in other applications, stops already when the buffer still occupies almost all of its frame.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS appkit-1348.17 Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F2511))
of 2018-05-31 built on builder10-10.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_AT.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair finder-inf info tex-site package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 224728 6784)
(symbols 48 22047 1)
(miscs 40 71 184)
(strings 32 35747 2817)
(string-bytes 1 1000335)
(vectors 16 37813)
(vector-slots 8 755930 7368)
(floats 8 51 65)
(intervals 56 210 0)
(buffers 992 12))