Subject: Re: bug#32712: Error running "create extension postgis"

From: Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 11:59:11 +1000

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018, Gábor Boskovits wrote:

> Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. szept. 12., Sze, 9:15):
>
>  Hi, this is a known issue. I have sent a patch for that but it wasn't
>  reviewed yet. Ideally I could also patch the postgresql service to
>  allow specifying extensions. I will try to do something about it.
>
> Hello Julien,
>
> I believe this is the patch: https://issues.guix.info/issue/32297. I
> will try to review that, this functionality is also important for me.

Thanks Julien and Gábor, I see that this patch has now been merged into
Guix and the documentation for configuring postgis is available in the
info manual under System Configuration, Services, Database Services.
I'll close this bug report now.

After modifying my service configuration, reconfiguring and running
`herd restart postgres`, I was able to create a new database and use the
`create extension postgis` command.

Folks can see the manual for details, but the configuration change is
essentially:

  (postgresql-service #:extension-packages (list postgis))

Thanks for all your work, I really appreciate this change!

Regards,
Ben