Subject: Re: bug#32709: Clojure doesn't provide "clojure" executable

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 22:15:28 +0200

Hi Ben,

> When I install the "clojure" package, I can't seem to just run `clojure`
> and get an interpreter like I would on Debian.
>
> My Java is a bit rusty, but I found I could get it going by installing the "icedtea" package and running:
>
>   java -cp ~/.guix-profile/share/java/clojure-1.9.0.jar clojure.main
>
> or
>
>   java -jar ~/.guix-profile/share/java/clojure-1.9.0.jar
>
> which is a bit of a mouthful.

It is, but this is what upstream tells us to run after building the
package.  Neither pom.xml (for Maven) nor build.xml (for Ant) contain
targets that generate a shell wrapper.

It looks like adding a shell wrapper is a decision that was taken by
Debian and is not what upstream does.  So this is not due to a defect in
the ant-build-system.

To address this we may want to add a wrapper in a custom build phase.

--
Ricardo