Subject: bug#37929: closed (Re: bug#32709: Clojure doesn't provide "clojure" executable)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 00:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32709: clojure is not usable out of the box

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32709: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32709
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32709: Clojure doesn't provide "clojure" executable
From: Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]>
To: Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 11:22:53 +1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Jesse Gibbons has recently added the "clojure" executable wrapper. This
makes the Guix `clojure` behave similarly to the Debian `clojure`.
Closing this issue.

(Note that this behaviour is still a little different to the bundle
provided by the upstream Clojure project which include custom `clj` and
`clojure` scripts from https://github.com/clojure/brew-install, which
include auto-downloading of dependencies and such.)

Subject: clojure is not usable out of the box
From: Bradley Haggerty <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 15:48:25 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

You cannot get a repl by running `clojure`, and it's lacking java as a
dependency even though java seems to be needed to use it. Other
languages are usable out of the box, so I think it would be good to
change these things.