Subject: 26.1.50; emacs segfaults on M-x package-list-packages

From: John Bignucolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 11:07:36 +1000

Using the emacs-26 branch from the git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git
repository.

Emacs is segfaulting when I run the command 'M-x package-list-packages'.
This is the backtrace:

(gdb) bt full
#0  0x0000003d5c6e34c1 in __res_vinit () from /lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x0000003d5c6bc59c in gaih_inet () from /lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x0000003d5c6be95a in getaddrinfo () from /lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x00002aaaab01720a in handle_requests () from /lib64/libanl.so.1
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x0000003d5ce0683d in start_thread () from /lib64/libpthread.so.0
No symbol table info available.
#5  0x0000003d5c6d4fdd in clone () from /lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.

(gdb) info thread
[New Thread 0x2aaaaf514940 (LWP 482)]
  3 Thread 0x2aaaaf514940 (LWP 482)  0x0000003d5c6d4fa1 in clone () from
/lib64/libc.so.6
* 2 Thread 0x2aaaaf510940 (LWP 481)  0x0000003d5c6e34c1 in __res_vinit ()
from /lib64/libc.so.6
  1 Thread 0x2aaaab21fb30 (LWP 356)  0x0000003d5c6d4fa1 in clone () from
/lib64/libc.so.6

In GNU Emacs 26.1.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.4)
 of 2018-09-11 built on wallis.softint.com.au
Repository revision: ee843895cb5aaac9837162bfe740067e9a5d2403
Windowing system distributor 'Oracle Corporation, based on X.Org Foundation
sources', version 11.0.11702000
System Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.11 (Tikanga)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
Making completion list...
GNU Emacs 26.1.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.4) of
2018-09-11
Making completion list...
command-execute: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
GNU Emacs 26.1.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.4) of
2018-09-11 [2 times]
user-error: Minibuffer window is not active
Mark set [3 times]
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/johnb/slash/usr --with-gnutls=no
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk2'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GLIB LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=SCIM
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-ede-mode: t
  global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-local-symbol-highlight-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  global-semantic-decoration-mode: t
  global-semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
  global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair yaml-mode ede/cpp-root
ede/generic ede/shell ede/config eieio-opt ede/speedbar ede/files ede
ede/detect ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image
dframe eieio-custom wid-edit semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files
semantic/bovine/c hideif cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs semantic/bovine/c-by
semantic/lex-spp semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep semantic/bovine
semantic/ia semantic/analyze/refs semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/senator semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/mru-bookmark semantic/db-mode semantic/db
eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage semantic/ctxt
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/decorate
pulse semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag
semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet xcscope ring edmacro
kmacro tango-dark-theme highlight-chars paren easy-mmode show-point-mode
finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 357976 29612)
 (symbols 48 33701 1)
 (miscs 40 106 319)
 (strings 32 93957 2732)
 (string-bytes 1 2246896)
 (vectors 16 39811)
 (vector-slots 8 822428 20566)
 (floats 8 75 355)
 (intervals 56 375 0)
 (buffers 992 14)
 (heap 1024 28464 1629))

-- 
John  Bignucolo
SW Developer
[email-masked]
Software Integrators
PO Box 1001 Darlinghurst 2010
ABN 21  002 480 873
Level 10, 162 Goulburn St, Sydney NSW 2010
Phone: +61 2 9267-5556 Fax: +61 2 9267-5559