Subject: Re: bug#32706: 27.0.50; Gnus ignores gnus-visual nil after gnus-article-outlook-deuglify-article

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:02:45 +0900

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 18:16:34 +0300, Filipp Gunbin wrote:
> This is a bit confusing to me because of the following.

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 16:21:55 +0900, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>> ...if gnus-visual is non-nil...
>> the header is buttonized if gnus-treat-buttonize is non-nil even
>> if gnus-treat-buttonize-head is nil, for example.

> 1) gnus-article-add-buttons (invoked when gnus-treat-buttonize is in
> gnus-visual) explicitly skips the headers.  How is that possible that
> you see them buttonized?

I realized at last why all the treatment functions run on the
whole article buffer.

1999-01-18 09:40:37  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <[email-masked]>

	* gnus-art.el (article-goto-body-goes-to-point-min-p): New variable.
	(article-goto-body): Use it.
	(gnus-treat-article): Ditto.

gnus-treat-article binds a-g-b-g-t-point-min-p to t, that forces
article-goto-body to go to point-min and return always t.  So,
the article buffer should be narrowed to the body while performing
`(gnus-treat-article nil)' as I did in the trunk.

> 2) It looks like (gnus-treat-article nil) should take care of
> highlighting itself, so probably we can omit (gnus-article-highlight t)
> in gnus-outlook-display-article-buffer.

I see.  I've omitted it in the trunk.  Thanks.