Subject: bug#3269: 23.0.93; C-mode text highlighting

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:16:08 +0000

Hi, Yidong!

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:41:21PM -0400, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> >> The "foo" line has lost its fontification, and this is the bug.  I
> >> know what's causing it, and it _might_ be easily fixable.  What's
> >> more, I don't this bug was in Emacs 22

> > OK, here is a patch for half of the problem - it now fontifies a
> > broken string in a #define properly - just that you need to type M-o
> > M-o after the change.  Would you check that this works properly
> > please, Thomas!

> > The second half of the problem is to fix it so that you don't have to
> > type MoMo afterwards.  Any change you'll let me do this before this
> > week's pretest, Yidong?

> Could you test these patches on some large C files, to make sure they
> don't cause any additional performance problems?  But if everything
> seems OK, please go ahead and check both patches in.

I've got both bits working now.  I'll do some more testing, and I expect
to be committing the whole caboodle withing 24 hours.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).