Subject: guix pack relocatable guix

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 18:43:22 +0300

Hello, Guix.

I want to use Guile modules produced by ‘guix pack --relocatable guix’,
but I get the following error:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 0084744b3af0a6f8e125120143f57567902339a8
Copyright (C) 2018 the Guix authors
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

$ guix pack --relocatable guix
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://berlin.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/wrfjh9gvm0z5y76vhzb9hn1bqdiwn0sk-tarball-pack.tar.gz.drv
   /gnu/store/yb4hwv87w4i01pzr74wbvqb6klccsssi-fonts-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/s8rs9hixn0jxnrr7v46w2mv9w2pc07ic-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/gxhcfc62272dm0lz6c7jd117ivv3w8fc-c-compiler.drv
   /gnu/store/1j9grdpklbvyrr0xnwhhhknpqfqzi560-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/h95jmxb3q432iq0hgbcjfrlpi43zj3x7-guix-0.15.0-3.3d43017R.drv
   /gnu/store/nhf5sls0n5z6345arwcwfglcfhdf7wk8-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/c30b858ygkrmncq7cr6g0mvzawpqqz1n-profile.drv
building wrapper for '/gnu/store/hnhxp9ivapm429n9sb0c70llgsgqqns4-guix-0.15.0-3.3d43017/bin/.guix-real'...
building wrapper for '/gnu/store/hnhxp9ivapm429n9sb0c70llgsgqqns4-guix-0.15.0-3.3d43017/bin/guix'...
building wrapper for '/gnu/store/hnhxp9ivapm429n9sb0c70llgsgqqns4-guix-0.15.0-3.3d43017/bin/guix-daemon'...
building wrapper for '/gnu/store/hnhxp9ivapm429n9sb0c70llgsgqqns4-guix-0.15.0-3.3d43017/libexec/guix-authenticate'...
building wrapper for '/gnu/store/hnhxp9ivapm429n9sb0c70llgsgqqns4-guix-0.15.0-3.3d43017/libexec/guix/download'...
building wrapper for '/gnu/store/hnhxp9ivapm429n9sb0c70llgsgqqns4-guix-0.15.0-3.3d43017/libexec/guix/list-runtime-roots'...
building wrapper for '/gnu/store/hnhxp9ivapm429n9sb0c70llgsgqqns4-guix-0.15.0-3.3d43017/libexec/guix/offload'...
building wrapper for '/gnu/store/hnhxp9ivapm429n9sb0c70llgsgqqns4-guix-0.15.0-3.3d43017/libexec/guix/substitute'...
find-files: /gnu/store/hnhxp9ivapm429n9sb0c70llgsgqqns4-guix-0.15.0-3.3d43017/sbin: No such file or directory
Creating manual page database...
90 entries processed in 0.0 s
Backtrace:
           3 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/rdapiwpqxx2hkdd58zbjjs7x1i9…")
In guix/build/profiles.scm:
    152:2  2 (build-profile "/gnu/store/q41imwhq2mfyqa00mk0zikixvz1…" …)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    256:9  1 (for-each _ _)
In unknown file:
           0 (scm-error wrong-type-arg "for-each" "Not a list: ~S" # #)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
In procedure for-each: Not a list: #f
builder for `/gnu/store/c30b858ygkrmncq7cr6g0mvzawpqqz1n-profile.drv' failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/wrfjh9gvm0z5y76vhzb9hn1bqdiwn0sk-tarball-pack.tar.gz.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix pack: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/wrfjh9gvm0z5y76vhzb9hn1bqdiwn0sk-tarball-pack.tar.gz.drv' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Regards,
Oleg.