Subject: bug#32676: Feature request

From: Ernesto Alfonso <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 17:37:12 -0700

>
>
> Do I understand correctly that your proposed feature is like
> next-error-highlight,
> but instead of highlighting the error locus, it highlights the error
> message?

Yes, although I don't think it's important to support a timer to turn off
highlighting like next-error-highlight does since the error locus
highlighting might get in the user's way in source buffers, but not in the
next-error buffer.

 Then I don't understand how it relates to compilation-highlight-regexp and
> compilation-highlight-overlay?

I don't see a reference to compilation-highlight-regexp or
compilation-highlight-overlay in my patch or in this thread. Although I did
use compilation-current-error to find the mark at the error message
location, which I think is not appropriate since that would be
compilation-specific, and I think it should be (point) instead. Is this
what you mean?

Ernesto

On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 4:49 PM Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Attaching the last gif as an inline/attachment instead of an external
> link.
> > This was the attempt to use hl-line-range-function. It did not work for
> me.
>
> Do I understand correctly that your proposed feature is like
> next-error-highlight,
> but instead of highlighting the error locus, it highlights the error
> message?
> Then I don't understand how it relates to compilation-highlight-regexp and
> compilation-highlight-overlay?
>