Subject: Re: Updating Org for 27.2

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 11:03:35 +0200

>> Thanks, hope it will be released in Emacs 27.2,
>> also waiting when it will arrive to Emacs 28.
>
> With 9.3.8 (released in September), Org 9.3 is as stable as it well ever
> be, since the maintenance branch is now 9.4.  So AFAIK it's "just" a
> matter for Org maintainers to find some time to update Org on the
> emacs-27 branch.
>
> (I filed bug#43268 because I'd love all those bugfixes to land in 27.2;
> I don't know if there's anything more I can do to help.  Worg has
> extensive documentation[1] about the synchronization process so I guess
> I could try to make a patch, but I don't know how useful that would be;
> the process seems to have its share of pitfalls[2]…)

Do you know if the synchronization process will override the changes
made in master?  If I fix an issue in bug#44524 and will commit the fix
to Emacs master in the subdir emacs/lisp/org, won't the synchronization
process of the recent Org version override my fix?