Subject: Updating Org for 27.2 (was: bug#32676: [PATCH] Add option to highlight the 'next-error' error message)

From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:06:40 +0100

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks, hope it will be released in Emacs 27.2,
> also waiting when it will arrive to Emacs 28.

With 9.3.8 (released in September), Org 9.3 is as stable as it well ever
be, since the maintenance branch is now 9.4.  So AFAIK it's "just" a
matter for Org maintainers to find some time to update Org on the
emacs-27 branch.

(I filed bug#43268 because I'd love all those bugfixes to land in 27.2;
I don't know if there's anything more I can do to help.  Worg has
extensive documentation[1] about the synchronization process so I guess
I could try to make a patch, but I don't know how useful that would be;
the process seems to have its share of pitfalls[2]…)

> BTW, could you suggest how a background color can be set
> to all org-level-faces at once, not each face separately?
> Should something like this be added to the init file:
>
>   (mapc (lambda (f) (set-face-background f "gray95")) org-level-faces)
>
> or something simpler is available?

I'm not aware of anything simpler, sorry :/ (but I haven't spent that
much time hacking on Org, so I might have missed something…)

[1] https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/worg/src/c63e53f7b1245d36ab30cbdc685a92ca9fca277e/org-maintenance.org#synchronization-org-and-upstream-emacs

[2] Cf. e.g. 2020-11-02 "Recover the contents of the schemas.xml file"
    (cd69a50648)