Subject: Re: [bug#32608] [PATCH] gnu: haskell-mode: Fix test failure.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 17:08:17 +0200

Hi Alex,

Alex Vong <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I manage to fix all test failures of haskell-mode (which FTBFS for a
> long time). I use Jack's bug report
> <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/1601> as a starting
> point and continue from there. The fix consists of backporting 2 commits
> from upstream and hard-coding the filename in the tests. (This is okay
> since the tests will not be installed.) 

Awesome.

> Let's write some Haskell for good (`･ω･´)

:-)

> From 99fefcd43adbe8effe24480e64f9fa0b461b8fe5 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Alex Vong <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 07:47:05 +0800
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: haskell-mode: Fix test failure.
>
> Thanks to Jack Hill <[email-masked]> for exploring differnt solutions
> at <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31726>.
>
> * gnu/packages/patches/haskell-mode-Removed-unused-lexical-variables.patch,
> gnu/packages/patches/haskell-mode-removed-check-conventions-from-make.patch:
> New files.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Add them.
> * gnu/packages/emacs.scm (haskell-mode)[source]: Use them.
> [arguments]: Adjust 'pre-build' phase to embed filename.

I’ve shorted the patch file names as suggested by ‘guix lint’, added a
“Fixes” line in the commit log, and applied.

Thanks to both of you!

Ludo’.