Subject: bug#32606: closed (Re: [bug#32606] [PATCH 1/1] Switch to Guile-Gcrypt.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 15:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32606: [PATCH 0/1] Switch to Guile-Gcrypt

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32606: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32606
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#32606] [PATCH 1/1] Switch to Guile-Gcrypt.
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 17:56:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This removes (guix hash) and (guix pk-crypto), which now live as part of
> Guile-Gcrypt (version 0.1.0.)

Pushed as commit ca719424455465fca4b872c371daf2a46de88b33!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Switch to Guile-Gcrypt
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 00:25:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

This patch switches Guix to Guile-Gcrypt, making it a new dependency.
I tested things like “guix system vm”, “guix pack”, “make
as-derivation”, and “guix pull” from a different branch.  Everything
seems to be OK.

Incidentally, the switch simplifies cases where we need, say,
(gcrypt hash) functionality on the build side since now we can simply
write:

  (with-extensions (list guile-gcrypt)
    #~(begin
        (use-modules (gcrypt hash))
        …))

(Before we had to generate a fake (guix config) with the libgcrypt
absolute file name and so on.)

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (1):
  Switch to Guile-Gcrypt.

 Makefile.am                   |   5 -
 README                        |   3 +-
 build-aux/build-self.scm      |  81 ++++++-
 configure.ac                  |  13 +-
 doc/guix.texi                 |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/bash.scm         |   2 +-
 gnu/system/vm.scm             |  48 ++--
 guix/derivations.scm          |   2 +-
 guix/docker.scm               |   2 +-
 guix/gcrypt.scm               |  49 ----
 guix/git.scm                  |   2 +-
 guix/hash.scm                 | 184 ---------------
 guix/http-client.scm          |   2 +-
 guix/import/cpan.scm          |   2 +-
 guix/import/cran.scm          |   2 +-
 guix/import/crate.scm         |   2 +-
 guix/import/elpa.scm          |   2 +-
 guix/import/gnu.scm           |   2 +-
 guix/import/hackage.scm       |   2 +-
 guix/import/texlive.scm       |   2 +-
 guix/import/utils.scm         |   2 +-
 guix/nar.scm                  |   4 +-
 guix/pk-crypto.scm            | 407 ----------------------------------
 guix/pki.scm                  |   2 +-
 guix/scripts/archive.scm      |   2 +-
 guix/scripts/authenticate.scm |   2 +-
 guix/scripts/download.scm     |   2 +-
 guix/scripts/hash.scm         |   6 +-
 guix/scripts/pack.scm         |  60 ++---
 guix/scripts/publish.scm      |   4 +-
 guix/scripts/refresh.scm      |   2 +-
 guix/scripts/substitute.scm   |   4 +-
 guix/self.scm                 |  26 +--
 guix/store.scm                |   2 +-
 guix/store/deduplication.scm  |   2 +-
 guix/tests.scm                |   2 +-
 m4/guix.m4                    |  18 --
 tests/base32.scm              |   2 +-
 tests/builders.scm            |   2 +-
 tests/challenge.scm           |   2 +-
 tests/cpan.scm                |   2 +-
 tests/crate.scm               |   2 +-
 tests/derivations.scm         |   2 +-
 tests/gem.scm                 |   2 +-
 tests/hash.scm                | 128 -----------
 tests/nar.scm                 |   2 +-
 tests/opam.scm                |   2 +-
 tests/packages.scm            |   2 +-
 tests/pk-crypto.scm           | 290 ------------------------
 tests/pki.scm                 |   4 +-
 tests/publish.scm             |   4 +-
 tests/pypi.scm                |   2 +-
 tests/store-deduplication.scm |   2 +-
 tests/store.scm               |   2 +-
 tests/substitute.scm          |   4 +-
 55 files changed, 175 insertions(+), 1239 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 guix/gcrypt.scm
 delete mode 100644 guix/hash.scm
 delete mode 100644 guix/pk-crypto.scm
 delete mode 100644 tests/hash.scm
 delete mode 100644 tests/pk-crypto.scm

-- 
2.18.0