Subject: gdb gud-watch speedbar no visible actions

From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 03:20:24 +0200

1) "M-x speedbar" requires to be called twice for the first speedbar open. If
this is not a bug, it is very weird.

2) Debugging with gdb in emacs a C program I added a gud-watch for a struct
variable. Going to the speedbar I try to open the struct tree [+] with <SPC> but
it does nothing (i don't try mouse click because I am in a terminal session).

- It requires to quit (q) and open the "M-x speedbar" again to show the
speedbar updated with the tree opened. It opens depends if I pressed
<SPC> odd or even times before q.

- The opposite (close the tree) works properly without exit needed, but I can't
open it again (previous explained behavior).

- I tried this with -Q option to check that it was not a mistake in my
configuration.

- The speedbar in: "emacs -Q -f speedbar" works fine without this issue.

- With emacs in gui there is not problem either.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30) of
 2018-07-05 built on juergen System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages: Mark set Buffer is read-only: #<buffer SPEEDBAR> Mark set
Buffer is read-only: #<buffer SPEEDBAR> Mark set U is undefined u is undefined
[2 times] U is undefined u is undefined funcall-interactively: End of buffer

Configured using: 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
 -fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features: XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS
GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings: value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8 value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Speedbar

Minor modes in effect: recentf-mode: t preproc-font-lock-global-mode: t
  gdb-many-windows: t which-function-mode: t global-git-commit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t async-bytecomp-package-mode: t ivy-historian-mode: t
  historian-mode: t counsel-mode: t ivy-mode: t diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t electric-pair-mode: t yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t global-company-mode: t winner-mode: t hes-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t undo-tree-mode: t xterm-mouse-mode: t winum-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t delete-selection-mode: t global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t show-paren-mode: t savehist-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t tooltip-mode: t global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t mouse-wheel-mode: t tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t global-font-lock-mode: t auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t auto-compression-mode: t buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t line-number-mode: t transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows: /home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-compat
hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-compat
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-tree hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-tree
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-parser hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-parser
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-show hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-show
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-lib hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-lib
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/coolj hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/coolj
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-jump hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-jump
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-address hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-address
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-maildir-fcc hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-maildir-fcc
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-crypto hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-crypto
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-tag hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-tag
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-query hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-query
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-wash hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-wash
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-hello hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-hello
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-draft hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-draft
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-company hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-company
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-print hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-print
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-mua hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-mua
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20180829.927/notmuch-message hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-message
/home/ergo/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20180709.1426/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode

Features: (shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail recentf tree-widget bookmark
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe vc-git irony-eldoc flycheck-irony
irony-diagnostics company-irony-c-headers company-irony lisp-mnt
irony-cdb-libclang irony-cdb-json pp irony-cdb-clang-complete irony-cdb
irony-completion irony-snippet irony irony-iotask preproc-font-lock
company-c-headers cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs gdb-mi bindat gud term/screen term/xterm xterm
whitespace which-func imenu column-enforce-mode flyspell ispell init tramp-term
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize parse-time git-commit
with-editor shell pcomplete server magit-git magit-section magit-utils
magit-popup async-bytecomp async log-edit pcvs-util add-log amx ivy-historian
historian counsel-notmuch counsel-gtags counsel compile comint ansi-color swiper
ivy flx colir ivy-overlay ffap dired-x notmuch hl-line notmuch-message
notmuch-hello wid-edit notmuch-tree notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto
notmuch-mua notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-wash diff-mode coolj
notmuch-query goto-addr thingatpt icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs notmuch-tag crm notmuch-address notmuch-company
notmuch-lib notmuch-version notmuch-compat mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap
notmuch-parser message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader flycheck-color-mode-line face-remap
flycheck-popup-tip popup flycheck json map find-func company-quickhelp pos-tip
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim company-template
company-bbdb go-snippets yasnippet-snippets yasnippet elec-pair company winner
windmove modern-cpp-font-lock smart-tabs-mode highlight-numbers parent-mode
highlight-escape-sequences highlight-blocks highlight-parentheses
highlight-indent-guides undo-tree diff fill-column-indicator xt-mouse pcase
spaceline-config spaceline-segments s spaceline subr-x powerline
powerline-separators color powerline-themes winum dash which-key multi-term cl
term disp-table ehelp ring diminish ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff delsel display-line-numbers autorevert
filenotify time-date paren savehist benchmark-init advice cl-extra help-mode
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf tex-site
edmacro kmacro rx info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information: ((conses 16 584254 46807) (symbols 48 48665 3) (miscs 40 543
778) (strings 32 142375 7572) (string-bytes 1 4179372) (vectors 16 75806)
(vector-slots 8 1412803 10636) (floats 8 541 1776) (intervals 56 2632 1337)
(buffers 992 28))