Subject: bug#32591: 26.1; Ido-find-file does not intuitiely support tramp

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 15:26:08 +0100

>>>>> Joshua Branson <[email-masked]> writes:

    > I'm using Emacs version 26.1.  I've noticed that when I try to
    > open a remote file via ssh with tramp and ido-find-file, ido mode
    > doesn't seem to know that I want to use tramp, and instead tries
    > to create a local file.  This bug describes two problems:

    > 1) Default Emacs Tramp and Ido mode have non-intuitive ways of
    > searching for a remote file.

    > M-x ido-find-file

    > "Find File: ~//ssh:joshua@localhost#2222" TAB does not prompt me
    > for a password.  Instead I just see "[No Match]".

    > 2) Default Emacs Tramp and Ido mode have non-intuitive ways of
    > opening remote files.

    > M-x ido-find-file

    > "Find File: ~//ssh:joshua@localhost#2222:/home/joshua/hello"

---- snip -----

Try with `/ssh:user@host:/path/to/file' not with `~/ssh: etc.'

Best wishes,
 
Colin Baxter
[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8
---------------------------------------------------------------------