Subject: Re: bug#32591: 26.1; Ido-find-file does not intuitiely support tramp

From: Joshua Branson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 10:50:21 -0400

Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> Joshua Branson <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>
> Try with `/ssh:user@host:/path/to/file' not with `~/ssh: etc.'

Thanks for the tip, and that would certainly help, but it's slightly
annoying to have to type out the file name, then realize that it the
filename starts with "~/".  To fix it then, I have to type

C-a C-d C-e 

I don't want to have to do this everytime I open a remote file.  I think
Emacs should be start enough to realize that I'm trying to open a remote
file.

>
> Best wishes,
>  
> Colin Baxter
> [email-masked]
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------