Subject: bug#32581: 24.4; make recover-file a prompt instead of a warning

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 04:42:55 +0200

Glenn Linderman <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have emacs open a certain large file at boot-time startup, because
> the Python mode takes so long to parse it. So I guess I forgot to save
> last night, did a windows shutdown, and this morning my work wasn't
> there... but while emacs probably gave the warning, it was probably
> wiped out by the next warning from the Python mode, and I don't sit
> there and watch my computer boot up.  So by the time I noticed stuff
> from last night was missing, the recover file had been rewritten with
> the new edits.

If I understand you correctly (and I may not), you're saying that when
you open a Python file that has an auto-saved file, then Emacs says that
an auto-saved file exists...  and then Python mode issues a message that
overwrites that message?

What is that Python-mode message?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no