Subject: 24.4; make recover-file a prompt instead of a warning

From: Glenn Linderman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 21:34:52 -0700

--text follows this line--

I have emacs open a certain large file at boot-time startup, because the 
Python
mode takes so long to parse it. So I guess I forgot to save last night,
did a windows shutdown, and this morning my work wasn't there... but
while emacs probably gave the warning, it was probably wiped out by the
next warning from the Python mode, and I don't sit there and watch my
computer boot up.  So by the time I noticed stuff from last night was
missing, the recover file had been rewritten with the new edits.

So it would be nice to have an optional way to make that warning require
a response before disappearing.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
  of 2014-10-20 on KAEL
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Configured using:
  `configure --prefix=/z/emacs --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
  --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-wide-int
  --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2
  --with-gnutls --with-xft --with-sound=yes --with-file-notification=yes
  --without-dbus --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-Ofast
  -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -g0 -pipe' 'CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG
  -DDBUS_STATIC_BUILD' 'LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -static
  -s -Wl,-s''

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: ENU
   locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Py

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   which-function-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   size-indication-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame>
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> C-x C-f b m u <tab> o
<tab> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <escape> x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b
u g <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Warning: no abbrev-file found, customize `abbrev-file-name' in order to 
make mode-specific abbrevs work.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils add-log python-mode derived skeleton advice
help-fns easymenu cl-macs thingatpt flymake rx shell pcomplete cc-cmds
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs compile cl gv comint ansi-color ring
whitespace edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib which-func imenu jka-compr
easy-mmode time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 333400 168725)
  (symbols 56 23740 0)
  (miscs 48 54 117)
  (strings 32 28683 7091)
  (string-bytes 1 973909)
  (vectors 16 30900)
  (vector-slots 8 699691 5651)
  (floats 8 83 359)
  (intervals 56 741 1184)
  (buffers 960 12))