Subject: [bug#32579] [PATCH] gnu: Add guile-mingw 2.2.3.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 14:12:54 +0200

Howdy!

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
> Hi!
>
>>> I created a mingw32 cross build for guile-2.0 some time ago, expecting
>>> to need it real soon for "work" or for LilyPond.  Neither need
>>> materialized until now; but it very soon.
>>>
>>> Luckily, I found that Mike Gran did quite some work this spring on their
>>> wip-mingw-guile-2.2 branch; so I packaged the latest snapshot.
>>
>> Does that mean that Guile 2.2.5 will cross-build fine with
>> --target=i686-w64-mingw32?  (I thought this was already the case
>> actually.)
>
> Well, if wip-mingw-guile-2.2 is merged; yes.  I'm not sure why that
> hasn't happened yet, so there may be issues?

Good question!  It could be that simply nobody took the time to look
into it.  If it can be chopped in small sizable chunks, I can take a
look and cherry-pick from it.  If you have suggestions or guidance,
that’s very welcome!

Regarding the package itself: I’m inclined to not include it in Guix
proper and instead work on applying the fixes in ‘stable-2.2’.

Is it OK for you?

Thanks,
Ludo’.