Subject: Re: bug#32578: Remove "joke" from drag events documentation

From: Chris Shea <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 16:54:11 -0400

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 4:08 PM Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 29/08/2018 13:29 -0400, Chris Shea wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > This patch removes an unnecessary and unwelcoming joke from the drag
> events
> > documentation. Documentation should be informative and inclusive.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> If jokes in manuals bother you, then you better not open Gnus manual :-)
>
> Why be so strict and not let people put jokes into manuals?  We all know
> what manuals are for, and still very few complain about such things.
>
> Filipp
>

Jokes in manuals do not bother me. Not generally.

Good gracious, this isn't even a good joke. What if this patch changed the
joke to something better? "A @dfn{drag event} happens every time the user
presses a mouse button and then moves the mouse to a different character
position before releasing the button. While that should never happen in
practice, you may find it necessary to react to such events to remind the
user that no true Emacs operator even owns a mouse."

All the best,