Subject: bug#32576: closed (Re: bug#32576: 24.5; cannot end gdb breakpoint command list)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 13:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32576: 24.5; cannot end gdb breakpoint command list

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32576: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32576
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32576: 24.5; cannot end gdb breakpoint command list
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 16:12:36 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 21:45:01 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Steven Legowik <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> > Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 14:11:13 -0400
> > 
> > 
> > AFAICS it remains broken in master.
> > You have to type "commands" not "command" to get it to work.
> > gdb-control-commands-regexp doesn't handle abbreviations.
> > 
> > This is a duplicate of bug#20807.
> 
> If that's the problem, I wonder why no one fixed it until now.

Fixed on the emacs-26 branch.

Subject: 24.5; cannot end gdb breakpoint command list
From: Steven Legowik <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 10:37:16 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When running gdb in emacs I cannot terminate a breakpoint command list.  
It says to terminate the command list by typing "end" by itself on a 
line, but when I do it continues to prompt for additional commands.  I 
can get out of this mode using ctrl-C, but the breakpoint commands are 
not saved.

Example:

(gdb) i b
Num     Type           Disp Enb Address            What
3       breakpoint     keep y   0x000000000043893b in 
add_rrmsg_to_vector(msg_t const*) at springsolver.cc:2496
     breakpoint already hit 5 times
(gdb) command 3
Type commands for breakpoint(s) 3, one per line.
End with a line saying just "end".
 >print *_msg->msg
 >end
 >  C-c C-cQuit
(gdb)

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
  of 2017-09-20 on lcy01-07, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS

Configured using:
  `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
  --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
  --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
  --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
  --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
  --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
  'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
  -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set
Switched to thread 1 [2 times]
Mark set
Quit
Switched to thread 1
No breakpoints specified.
Quit [3 times]
Undefined command: "v".  Try "help".
Switched to thread 1 [4 times]
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp/debian-startup hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/rst

Features:
(shadow sort warnings emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils dired-aux
dired mail-extr ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars sh-script smie executable
help-mode rect misearch multi-isearch gdb-mi bindat json vc-dispatcher
vc-svn cc-langs cl-loaddefs cl-lib cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs gud
easy-mmode comint ansi-color ring time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 175827 13072)
  (symbols 48 24162 0)
  (miscs 40 155 347)
  (strings 32 34451 6965)
  (string-bytes 1 1072976)
  (vectors 16 16849)
  (vector-slots 8 484391 11255)
  (floats 8 83 360)
  (intervals 56 4594 50)
  (buffers 960 22)
  (heap 1024 66220 945))