Subject: bug#32575: [Cuirass] Filter results by architecture

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 14:14:07 +0200

Hi Danny & all,

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I think that for a portable package, the architecture it runs on is
> an implementation detail - it should build on all of them.  If it doesn't,
> that should show up as an error.
>
> So I had
>
>   hello      [x86_64-checkbox-log] [armhf-checkbox-log] [aarch64-checkbox-log]
>
> and not
>
>   hello.x86_64 [checkbox-log]
>   hello.armhf [checkbox-log]
>   hello.aarch64 [checkbox-log]
>
> The latter looks more like these are different packages with different purposes -
> which they really aren't from a user standpoint.

The difficulty is that, from Cuirass’ viewpoint, “hello.x86_64-linux”
and “hello.armhf-linux” are just two different unrelated jobs.

Perhaps what we would need is to internally change how jobs are
represented in the database: we could have one job, “hello”, connected
to one or more “builds”, each with its own system.

I think it would amount to splitting the “Builds” table into two tables:
“Builds” and “Jobs”.  Clément, does that make sense?

Ludo’.