Subject: 27.0.50; cedet/ede/pconf.el

From: Pierre Lorenzon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 05:28:32 +0200 (CEST)

Bug in pconf.el has not been fixed yet. Here is a diff
indicating what has to be done. I have to do it each time I
upgrade my git copy of emacs otherwise C-c . C in ede mode
crashes.

>>>  -- Diff 

  diff -u /usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/cedet/ede/pconf.el /usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/cedet/ede/pconf.fix.el
--- /usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/cedet/ede/pconf.el	2018-08-28 05:41:17.000000000 +0200
+++ /usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/cedet/ede/pconf.fix.el	2017-09-11 14:25:51.000000000 +0200
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
 ;;; ede/pconf.el --- configure.ac maintenance for EDE
 
-;;; Copyright (C) 1998-2000, 2005, 2008-2018 Free Software Foundation,
+;;; Copyright (C) 1998-2000, 2005, 2008-2017 Free Software Foundation,
 ;;; Inc.
 
 ;; Author: Eric M. Ludlam <[email-masked]>
@@ -19,7 +19,7 @@
 ;; GNU General Public License for more details.
 
 ;; You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
-;; along with GNU Emacs.  If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
+;; along with GNU Emacs.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
 
 ;;; Commentary:
 ;;
@@ -135,7 +135,7 @@
 	  (with-current-buffer "*compilation*"
 	    (goto-char (point-max))
 
-	    (when (not (string= mode-line-process ":exit [0]"))
+	    (when (not (string= (car mode-line-process) ":exit [0]"))
 	      (error "Configure failed!"))
 
 	    ;; The Makefile is now recreated by configure?

Diff finished.  Wed Aug 29 05:09:19 2018

>>>  -- End Diff 

The problem is that this code do not take care of the fact that
type of variable `mode-line-process' has been changed from
string to list.

Regards

Pierre

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2018-08-28 built on jabberwocky
Repository revision: bf1b147b55e1328efca6e40181e79dd9a369895d
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 'CC=gcc -m64'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib64/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
JPEG SOUND NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Autoconf

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  ede-minor-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-speechd-speak-mode: t
  speechd-speak-mode: t
  global-speechd-speak-map-mode: t
  speechd-speak-map-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/devel/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.0/auctex hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex
/home/devel/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.0/tex-site hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tex-site
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/Plnltx/env/replace hides /usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/replace

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug
backtrace help-mode compile make-mode ede/locate
semantic/lex-spp plnltxprj-target-exercise
plnltxprj-target-history plnltxprj-target-student
plnltxprj-target edext-target-symlink smerge-mode diff-mode
diff dired-x log-edit easy-mmode message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log vc-cvs vc-rcs
vc-dir ewoc plnltxprj-project project/edext-project
edext-project-project edext-utils-vc vc-svn vc vc-dispatcher pp
qp mew-varsx mew-unix dired-aux ede/dired t-mouse term/linux
elec-pair pln-w3m mew-w3m w3m doc-view dired dired-loaddefs
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems
w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util pln-mew
mew-auth mew-config mew-imap2 mew-imap mew-nntp2 mew-nntp
mew-pop mew-smtp mew-ssl mew-ssh mew-net mew-highlight mew-sort
mew-fib mew-ext mew-refile mew-demo mew-attach mew-draft
mew-message mew-thread mew-virtual mew-summary4 mew-summary3
mew-summary2 mew-summary mew-search mew-pick mew-passwd
mew-scan mew-syntax mew-bq mew-smime mew-pgp mew-header
mew-exec mew-mark mew-mime mew-edit mew-decode mew-encode
mew-cache mew-minibuf mew-complete mew-addrbook mew-local
mew-vars3 mew-vars2 mew-vars mew-env mew-mule3 mew-mule
mew-gemacs mew-key mew-func mew-blvs mew-const mew pln-eww
url-file url-dired eww mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf mailcap shr text-property-search svg xml
dom browse-url url-expand url-util url-methods plnltx plnltxref
plnltxprj plnltxtss plnltxenv j++-basic-package
j++-packages-subsystems-descriptors-descriptor
j++-packages-subsystems-descriptors-class
j++-packages-databases-items-item j++-basic-mastered
j++-basic-widgets-open-close-title j++-basic-widgets-title
j++-basic-widgets-open-close-object j++-packages-scmel-results
j++-packages-scmel-output speechd-el-extension
j++-packages-subsystems-subsystems
j++-packages-subsystems-basic-lists-pointed
j++-packages-subsystems-basic-lists-list
j++-interfaces-loadable-basic-lists-pointed
j++-interfaces-basic-lists-pointed
j++-interfaces-loadable-basic-lists-list
j++-interfaces-basic-lists-list j++-basic-widgets-lists-mutable
j++-basic-widgets-lists-pointed j++-basic-lists-pointed
j++-basic-creator j++-basic-widgets-lists-list
j++-basic-lists-list j++-basic-mapable j++-basic-sortable
j++-packages-subsystems-basic-logger
j++-interfaces-loadable-basic-logger
j++-interfaces-basic-logger tramp trampver tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint regexp-opt
ansi-color ring parse-time format-spec edext edext-automake
edext-srecode semantic/edit srecode/srt-mode semantic/analyze
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db
semantic/format srecode/template srecode/srt-wy semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/ctxt edext-compat pln-ede
srecode/insert srecode/filters srecode/args srecode/find
srecode/map srecode/ctxt semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
srecode/compile srecode/dictionary srecode/table srecode
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag
semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func ede/proj-elisp
ede/pconf ede/proj-misc ede/proj-shared ede/proj-prog ede/pmake
ede/proj-obj ede/proj ede/make ede/proj-comp ede/autoconf-edit
autoconf autoconf-mode pln-auctex pln-customization
ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/detect ede/base ede/auto
ede/source eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage image
dframe cedet desktop frameset cus-start cus-load time-date
j++-packages-scmel-efm-parameters
j++-packages-scmel-efm-connection network-stream puny nsm
subr-x rmc j++-packages-scmel-efm-driver
j++-packages-scmel-efm-efm j++-packages-scmel-monitor
j++-packages-scmel-scmel j++-basic-logger
j++-basic-processes-network-filtered
j++-basic-processes-filtered j++-basic-processes-put-and-get
j++-basic-processes-network-stream j++-basic-processes-process
j++-packages-subsystems-subsystem
j++-interfaces-loadable-loadable j++-interfaces-interface
j++-basic-widgets-object warnings j++-basic-files-loadable
j++-basic-files-serializable j++-basic-files-stringifiable
j++-basic-state j++-basic-files-load eieio-base eieio-custom
wid-edit speechd-speak advice speechd-brltty speechd-braille
braille mmanager brltty speechd-ssip speechd speechd-out
eieio-compat speechd-common jka-compr j++ j++-compat
j++-precompat cl disp-table mule-util info tool-bar tex-site
finder-inf package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads inotify multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 438091 111605)
 (symbols 48 42862 71)
 (strings 32 101609 4349)
 (string-bytes 1 2912944)
 (vectors 16 76365)
 (vector-slots 8 2082271 146216)
 (floats 8 182 306)
 (intervals 56 1816 371)
 (buffers 992 33)
 (heap 1024 62302 1691))